Friday, January 27, 2006

And you thought I had a "problem".....

My three year old just asked for red wine. I kid you not. The conversation went like this:

3: Can I have some red wine?
Bea: You want a glass of red wine?
3: Yes, red wine.
Bea: Red wine?
3: Yes, I want a piece of toast.

So I move in to the kitchen to fix Breakfast #2 for Her Royal Highness when the five year old comes in and helps herself to a slice of bread.

5: Can you put butter on this?
Bea: Sure.
5: Wait. Do we have jelly?
Bea checks and confirms that there is in fact jelly in the fridge and proceeds to open said jelly.
5: Ok, I'll just have butter.
Bea: But....jelly....yes.
5: Well, I was thinking jelly sandwuch so I'll just have butter.

While I was beating my head against the wall I spotted my reflection. Two new grey hairs. Surprised?

1 Comments:

Blogger The Kept Woman said...

Honey, it's when they start asking for whiskey that you really have a problem on your hands.

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home